Beautiful skin is not a miracle, and we all wish to start a ride of self-care and pampering. Therefore, every day should be gratifying, and one must indulge in nature-inspired skin & body treats that offer a complete skincare package.
The Origin of Dead Sea Salts:
The Dead Sea is a salt lake landlocked by Jordan, and Palestine. The sea salt lake is the saltiest in the world, having about 34% salinity.
The origin of the use of Dead Sea salt for therapeutic purposes started far back from biblical times. It is said that King Solomon gifted the Queen of the land of Sheba with these Dead Sea salts on her visit to the Holy Land.
For ages, people have boasted about the numerous benefits of the Dead Sea salt. Sea salt is known for its great therapeutic and health properties. The use of organic Dead Sea Salt can be dated back to the Egyptians, who secured a vast reign near the Dead Sea to avail these benefits. Queen Cleopatra was considered an epitome of beauty, and Dead Sea salts and minerals hugely attributed to her flawless complexion. Therefore, she ordered a robust infrastructure around the Dead Sea to establish big pharmaceutical clinics and thus offer therapies to her guests.
Why is the Dead Sea Salt special?
The Dead Sea Salt has around ten times more minerals than any other sea salt. It is these minerals that help in detoxifying, cleansing, and keeping the skin healthy. These minerals in the Dead Sea salts include:
- Magnesium – It acts as a great detoxifier and cleansing agent. It is also helpful in improving cell metabolism and reduces inflammation.
- Calcium – It aids in skin health and regeneration. Calcium acts as a great agent for moisture retention and helps to produce the desired antioxidants needed for skin health.
- Sodium – It boasts of excellent cleansing properties and also acts as an excellent exfoliator for the skin. It reduces the degeneration of skin cells.
- Zinc – It has excellent healing and rejuvenating properties. It gives the skin a fresh feel.
- Potassium – It keeps the skin moist and reduces puffiness.
- Sulfur – It has excellent healing, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties.
Benefits of Dead Sea Salt:
The Dead Sea Salts have numerous benefits. Let us discuss why it must be a part of your skincare routine!
1. It acts as a natural exfoliator: The texture of the Dead Sea salt is both gentle and abrasive. It is the reason why it is considered an excellent skin exfoliator. The high sodium content also helps to take off the dead skin leaving behind fresh and rejuvenated skin.
2. Maintains the skin moisture: The minerals present in the Dead Sea help a great deal in retaining the skin’s moisture. As a result, the skin feels hydrated.
3. Helps in the purification of the skin: The Dead Sea salt has excellent antifungal and antibacterial properties. In addition, it also detoxifies and cleanses the skin by removing all the dirt, excess oils, and impurities.
4. It has excellent anti-aging properties: Many of the minerals present in the Dead Sea salt make the skin look younger and vibrant. It has excellent anti-aging properties that keep the skin healthy and refreshed.
5. Help to soothe the muscles and joints: A dip in hot water-soaked with Dead Sea salt is what is needed when you wish to relax and soothe the aching muscles after a long tiring day. In addition, the anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce soreness and pain.
How can you use the Dead Sea Salts?
You may not be a person who spends a lot of time on skincare, but the benefits of using products with Dead Sea salt will compel you to use them. You can use Dead Sea salts in a lot of ways:
1. Include it in your bath – It is the best Sea salt for a relaxing bath. You can simply dissolve the Dead Sea salt in the warm water of the bathtub and sit and relax. Numerous bath product ranges have the Dead Sea salt as a main ingredient. You can opt for such organic products for a relaxing bath.
2. Include for a face scrub – The Dead Sea salt is the perfect mixture of gentle and abrasive. It is well-suited as a scrub for the face and can remove dirt, dead skin, and excess oil from the skin. As a result, the skin feels soft, fresh, and rejuvenated. A wide range of organic face scrubs has the Dead Sea salt as a main ingredient.
3. Include in the foot care regime – It can be used as an excellent scrub for your feet too. The texture is just perfect for removing all the dead skin and dirt from the feet. As a result, the feet feel smooth and fresh. 4. Include in your daily shower routine – The Dead Sea salt also acts as a perfect body scrub. You may massage it gently over the neck, arms, and other body parts and then rinse well. A lot of organic body soaps and body wash include the Dead Sea salt as a star ingredient.
Give your skin the best life:
The Dead Sea is a miraculous treasure that bursts with minerals helping in the revival and regeneration of the skin. The numerous minerals in the Dead Sea salts are known for their anti-aging and healing effects. It is not just a beauty fad. All these years modern medicine has tested and proven the benefits of these Dead Sea salts. The secret lies in the organic, pure, and potent mix of minerals well-suited for the skin. You must give it a try and enjoy the numerous benefits. The skin will feel young and fresh, and you will be one happy soul!